Sept: SDG #17 Partnerships For the Goals
The world can tackle the climate and pollution crises together, but these interlinked crises require urgent action from the whole of society.
The United States of America back into the Paris Agreement on climate change and its commitment to carbon neutrality by 2050, strengthens global action. If adopted by every country around the world, can still prevent the worst impacts of climate change.
What can we do on the local level?
There is much we can do by making simply choices in our daily lives that can help our community and all communities toward a vitalization of partnership for sustainable development.
At Home and work
- Join/create a group in local community that seeks to mobilize action on the implementation of the SDGs
- Work with others in your company to integrate sustainability into daily operations
As a consumer at home and work
- Buy products that come from companies that have committed to sustainable production practices and green supply chain
- buy and issue green bonds
As a citizen and investor
- Encourage your governments to partner with
businesses for the implementation of the SDGs.
- Tell your bank or investment institutions to invest in companies that manage their business sustainable
The Local Peace Economy calls on everyone everywhere to join us and the UN and pledge: “We are resolved to a Decade of Action to free the human race from the tyranny of poverty and want and to heal and secure our planet. We are determined to take the bold and transformative steps which are necessary. As we embark on this collective journey, we pledge that no one will be left behind.”
The Local Peace Economy has been working with local people and groups active within their community and joining with other communities to build a safe, just and green society where community members are free from want and suffering and are not financially supporting the suffering of others in the local and world community. So join us as we pledge to work urgently to shift the world onto a sustainable and resilient path of peace, that leaves no one behind.
For more information on sustainable choices and actions visit: The UN Campaign for Individual Action: http://www.un.org/en/actnow