Internation Peace Day: Public Reading of MLK’s Beyond Vietnam, Time to Break the Silence
Published September 14, 2022 | By editor
September 16, 2022 @ 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
12:00 AM World Day to Combat Desertificat...
World Day to Combat Desertificat...
Jun 17 @ 12:00 AM – 11:45 PM
Women are major actors in the global efforts to reduce and reverse land degradation. However, in the vast majority of countries, women have unequal and limited access to and control over land. PHOTO:Poco[...]
12:00 PM Protest Lockheed Martin @ Lockheed Martin
Protest Lockheed Martin @ Lockheed Martin
Jun 30 @ 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Join Codepink and the Pacific Life Community and others for a one-hour vigil on the fourth Friday of every month to protest at the gates of the weapons-maker Lockheed-Martin facility in Sunnyvale. Lockheed is the[...]
9:00 AM Peaceful Yoga w/Khalilah @ Online
Peaceful Yoga w/Khalilah @ Online
Jun 10 @ 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Description This is a morning yoga class focused on strengthening, calming and centering the body, mind and spirit. No prior experience in yoga is required. Link To All Classes: Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3090894469… Meeting ID:[...]
1:00 PM Her land, her rights
Her land, her rights
Jun 16 @ 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Friday, 16 June 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m The global observance event, titled “Her Land. Her Rights: Advancing Gender Equality and Land Restoration Goals,” will convene high-level policymakers, women leaders, renowned scientists, land activists,[...]
- ‘Transformative change’ needed to get Global Goals back on track, says UN deputy chief May 10, 2023editorUN Chile: UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed at the opening of the Forum of the ...
- UN relief chief stresses need to stay and deliver for all Afghans September 27, 2022editorIOM 2021/Paula Bonstein More than half of the population within Afghanistan depend on humanitarian assistance, and ...
- Nero Fiddling While Rome Burns: Weapons Deals During the Climate Crisis in Pakistan September 26, 2022editorby Danaka Katovich On August 30, 2022 one third of Pakistan was underwater due to catastrophic flooding. ...
- A Book Review: The Living Goddess September 23, 2022Tim ReeseThe book is about the time, when God was worshipped as female in Europe and ...
- Cultural destruction in Ukraine by Russian forces will reverberate for years, UN rights expert warns June 5, 2022editorUN News/Dina Neskorozhana The Andriyivska church in Dnipro, Kyiv, overlooks the historic Podil neighborhood. The attempted destruction ...
- Radio: The universal medium that leaves no one behind February 20, 2022editor© UNICEF/Seyba Keïta A ninth grade student follows her lessons on the radio in Mali. In the ...
- Sustainable blue economy vital for small countries and coastal populations June 4, 2023editorUnsplash/Benjamin L. Jones Seagrass meadows – expanses of green, grass-like shoots and flowers – are ...
- Healthy forests, healthy planet, healthy humans May 14, 2023editor© UNICEF/Rindra Ramasomanana Forests support many local communities in Madagascar. Forests are often called the lungs ...
- First Person: Sharing indigenous knowledge with tourists September 4, 2022editorIvar Velasquez Indigenous Argentinian tourism entrepreneur Hero photo alt text Celestina Ábalos stands outside her home. After ...
From our National Site
The national CodePink organization organizes for justice for Iraqis and to hold war criminals accountable. CodePink actively opposes the U.S. war in Afghanistan, torture, the detention center at Guantanamo, weaponized and spy drones, the prosecution of whistleblowers, U.S. support for the Israeli occupation of Palestine and repressive regimes.
Rooted in a network of local organizers, CodePink's tactics include satire, street theatre, creative visuals, civil resistance, and directly challenging powerful decision-makers in government and corporations. And, of course, wearing pink!