Codepink is organizing a PG&E Ratepayer Boycott to Close Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant Right Now
Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 12:00 PM (PDT).
We won’t pay PG&E to kill us and the planet any longer. We don’t need or want a nuclear power plant that isn’t earthquake safe on our coastline. We mean to force PG&E to close Diablo, and make the regulatory agencies who are supposed to regulate the energy industry and keep customers safe, the California Public Utilities Commission and the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission, do their job and decommission the plant– not next month, not next year– but right now.
Eleven people Arrested Over Non-violent Demonstration Against the Use of Drones – Report Back from Last Month’s Occupy Beale AFB
Sat., Sept. 13, 3-5pm, South Berkeley Branch Library, MLK Jr. Way @ Russell. You’re invited Continue reading
Starving for Justice: Berkeley Women on Day 32 and of Hunger Strike to Demand that President Obama Stop the Force Feeding and Release Innocent Guantanamo Prisoners
Berkeley, CA – Two Berkeley women are on open-ended fasts in solidarity with hunger striking Guantanamo detainees. They are calling on the President to immediately free the 86 men who are cleared for release and to stop the force feeding of 40 men. Cynthia Papermaster and Cynthia Johnson, both of Berkeley, are fasting to dramatize the demand that the President begin transferring men from the prison facility. They join American hunger strikers Elliot Adams, and Tarak Kauff, US military veterans who have been fasting for 52 days and 42 days respectively. Continue reading
- Online shopping site GILT, with over six million members, drops Ahava cosmetics made in an illegal Israeli settlement in the Occupied West Bank from its roster of products October 30, 2014October 28, 2014
- On the Verge of Death October 30, 2014October 13, 2014
- CODEPINK Activists Strongly Oppose US Strikes on Syria October 30, 2014
- Black Lives Matter! October 30, 2014October 18, 2014
- CODEPINK Protest Against Drones at DC Air and Space Museum as Part of International Day of Action on October 4th October 30, 2014